On July 21, 2020, The CIF and the Sac-Joaquin Section announced the dates the various high shool sports will be starting this season.
The Fall sports (Cross Country, Water Polo, Volleyball and Football) are being pushed back to the end of the year. The first games for these sports will be in the last week of December 2020 or the first week of January 2021. The remainder of the Winter and Spring sports (Soccer, Badminton, Tennis, Wrestling, Comp. Sport Cheer, Baseball, Softball, Golf, Swimming, Track and Field, Lacrosse and Basketball) will have start dates in various dates in March 2021. More speifically with basketball starting srimmages on March 1st and first games on March 9th. The last day of the regular season will be May 28th.
For those of you who also officiate baseball/softball, both basketball and baseball/softball are going to be occurring around the same time. This is something we will have to work through logistically.
MMSS, NCOA South Leadership, and Sac-Joaquin Section will be working through this situation over the upcoming months.
The above information is the current roadmap we are following, that is not to say it may change as the COVID 19 situation changes. We will keep you up to date as things change. Please let us know if you have any questions by using the Contact link above.
Registration for ALL NCOA South Sports Groups is now open for the 2020-2021 upcoming scholastic year
To Register simply go to http://northerncalofficials.arbitersports.com/front/112800/Site
and choose the Registration tab.
Some Items of Note:
- If you are a multiple sport official you may choose to register and pay for one sport or multiple sports at one time. If you choose to register for a fall sport now, you will still be able to come back to register for other sports at a later date via this same portal.
- All registrations and registration fee payments must be completed via the registration portal. Credit/Debit cards are the only methods of payment. "E-Check" functionality will probably be available on or around July 1st. Do not plan to bring checks or cash to your group meetings. Again, all registrations must be paid via this registration online portal. If you do not have a credit/debit card, you can have someone else provide a credit/debit card payment on your payment tab of the registration process.
- Annual Background checks are now a part of the registration process. You will be asked to acknowledge approval to perform a background check during the registration process.
- Registration Fees for the upcoming 2020-2021 scholastic year are as follows. Registration Amount for First Sport (Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Wrestling, Baseball or Softball) is $75 which includes insurance. Registration for any subsequent sport (Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Wrestling, Baseball or Softball) is $50.
- Football is slightly different. If Football is your First sport then the registration fee will be $90, inclusive of insurance. If Football is a subsequent sport, then the registration fee is $65
- Testing will be online also via your NCOA Central Hub this year instead of your prior "Tier II" account. (Do not take any tests via the Tier II account if you still have Tier II showing in your menu of accounts. Tier II tests will not be valid.)
To take your sport’s test, you will go to http://northerncalofficials.arbitersports.com/front/112800/Site
and choose the Testing Tab. Testing for Football and Volleyball should be "live" by around July 1st and the deadline to take the test will be a hard date of August 17, 2020. Tests will be comprised of 50 questions instead of the prior 100-point tests and a score of 80% must be attained. You will be provided with 5 attempts to pass. Other sports’ testing periods will be announced subsequently.
If anything changes, each Sports' Group Leadership will provide updated information.
If you have any questions, please contact your Sport's Group Leadership or Jerry Ford, NCOA Executive Secretary, at email@example.com.